Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland until I return to the Murcia region of Spain
in the Autumn for a month or so

'Fair and softly goes far' - Miguel de Cervantes

Sunday, 28 September 2008

Music in Spain

One of the things I want to be able to do during some of my lengthier visits here in the future is to take time, and to make time, to attend some concerts and if possible an opera or two; I know that in our area there are possibilities for this in such cities as Murcia and Cartagena and perhaps a little closer in places like Lorca. In any case, I came across this recording of one of the most famous and popular arias from 'The Marriage of Figaro' by Mozart, Non Piu Andrai, being performed by the Welsh singer Paul Carey Jones at the Salon Varietes Theatre in Fuengirola. Interestingly enough, for any Welsh visitors to my blog, the performance took place on St David's Day in 2007.




I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

This is a sort of 'farewell' message as my present visit to Spain comes to an early (far too early!) end tomorrow morning, to allow me to get to Alicante in time for a VERY early flight in the morning. Present plans are for me to return here in early February next for roughly three months, but of course I shall be posting the occasional blog article here meantime when topics of interest touching on Spain or Murcia/Mazarrón come to my attention.

0 comments - please add your own: