Blogging from the Murcia region of Spain until early June, when I return to
the Highlands of Scotland for a few months

'Fair and softly goes far' - Miguel de Cervantes

Thursday, 26 March 2009

A country walk around the hills surrounding Mazarron Country Club

I don't like the cold; it's why I spend a large part of the winter here at Mazarron Country Club. However, although it is milder here than in the north of Scotland, it can still get pretty cold in Spain, particularly at night, so I usually put the heating on for a few hours at night and at least an hour in the morning (until I've had my shower, usually). So last night and this morning marked, I hope, a turning point - I didn't feel the need to put the heating on either at night or in the morning, so Spring really is here!

It was a lovely morning, too, and I seem at last to be recovering from the cold that has 'bugged' me for the last 10 or so days, so I decided to take a lengthy walk before lunch, but rather than go on one of my usual circuits decided to explore a new route (for me - I've no doubt many of the people who live here all the time have been on similar walks) and it being Spring there are lots of flowers and flowering weeds carpeting the hillsides; there is a lot of insect life, too, specially butterflies and bees and at this stage there are mercifully few flies - no doubt they'll start to appear in numbers in a few weeks time. It really is exceptionally pretty just now. Below are a few of the photographs I took during this morning's walk.




A walk around the 'Campo' surrounding
a part of Mazarron Country Club
~ 26 March 2009 ~


Click here to see enlargements of all these photographs, where you will also find detailed descriptions of each photograph.














Click here to see enlargements of all these photographs, where you will also find detailed descriptions of each photograph.

2 comments - please add your own:

jimmy said...

Thanks for putting the pictures up.

Myself, wife and son are staying at the MCC in August and it's nice to see the surrounding area.

Bill said...

Glad you enjoyed the pics, Jimmy :)