Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland until I return to the Murcia region of Spain
in the Autumn for a month or so

'Fair and softly goes far' - Miguel de Cervantes

Monday, 14 December 2009

Lack of blog entries here of late

I must apologise for the lack of blog entries here in the last week or so. There have in fact been many topics relating to Spain, directly or tangentially, that I could have covered - but the trouble is that although I have been trying to keep up with some of the news, I have been horrendously busy in the past several weeks putting together a new website for the 'urbanisation' where I have my Spanish holiday home. The work is going pretty well, I'm pleased to say, although there is still a fair bit to do. Gradually I have been refining the 'look' of the new website so that it is not only functional (and hopefully I won't commit the cardinal sin of allowing too many 'broken links' to get through my checking procedures), but look reasonably attractive and be easy for visitors to find their way around.

For the past several days I've been coding the new website for roughly 10 hours a day and expect I will be doing the same for the next few days at least. Nevertheless the major structure is in place, it is now just a question of filling in all the gaps (links to .PDF documents mainly, plus a few other add-ons).

Now I'm 'relaxing' for a brief period whilst watching comedy programme 'Mock the Week' on television and whilst typing this frivolous post, before taking myself off to bed very soon.

I am of course in Scotland at present (not in Spain) and it has been extremely cold here over the past several days (-5C to -7C at night, hardly above freezing during the day), with freezing fog to add to the gloom. Sunday was in fact brighter, but still bitterly cold, although my web-development efforts precluded me venturing outside or even getting my normal (or any) Sunday newspaper, as I simply would not have had the time even to scan through the pages. The weather forecast for the end of the coming week up this way is for the weather to become even colder, with the prevailing winds, because of pressure fronts, coming from the east (and Siberia by way of Scandinavia) instead of the more usual moisture-laden westerly winds off the Atlantic. Right, I really must turn this PC off to let the chips inside it cool a little (and not be tempted to switch on my bedside-PC even for a few minutes) to scan my RSS feeds.

Arrivederci or ¡Adiós!
(The use of Italian there, by the way, is my 'nod' to the dreadul events in Italy during which Prime Minister Berlusconi was attacked and injured - I may not like the man and indeed find him a bit of a joke, but no-one deserves to be on the receiving end of this kind of mindless thuggery!)

0 comments - please add your own: