Blogging from the Murcia region of Spain until early June, when I return to
the Highlands of Scotland for a few months

'Fair and softly goes far' - Miguel de Cervantes

Thursday, 2 October 2014

Exhibition of Paintings - "Vínculos" ("Links") by Celestino Agüera - Old Town Hall Mazarrón

There is an interesting exhibition of paintings currently on display in the Old Town Hall (Casas Consistoriales) in Mazarrón. I visited the exhibition this morning and as the paintings are for sale I have my eyes on one of them, so will probably visit again tomorrow to ask for it to be reserved for me; forgive me if I don't give any indication here of what the painting that interests me is - perhaps if I do manage to reserve and acquire it, I'll write about that in due course.

(Read more about the exhibition in the murcia.com [Portal de Mazarrón] website - Spanish original version, or English translation)


Exhibition of Paintings - "Vínculos" ("Links")
by Celestino Agüera

Old Town Hall (Casas Consistoriales), Mazarrón
- 26 September to 14th November 2014 -

The exhibition may be viewed:
Monday to Saturday - 10am to 2pm
Thursdays and Fridays - 5pm to 8pm
(NB/ Closed on Public Holidays and on the final
Saturday of each month)


Click here to see an enlargement plus other images
from the exhibition leaflet.




Click here to see an enlargement plus other images
from the exhibition leaflet.

6 comments - please add your own:

Twocandoo said...

I am trying to find a way of getting in contact with the artist Celestino Aguera as believe I may be fortunate enough to have a painting of his from 20 or so years ago. I don't speak Spanish and can't find contact details for Celestino or the place that exhibited his work last year. Is anyone able to help point me in the right direction please?

Twocandoo said...

I am trying to track down the artist, Celestino Aguera, as think I may have an original artwork from c.20 years ago. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction please?

Bill said...

No idea how to contact the artist direct, but the linked photo was taken when the Mazarron exhibition was launched - the gents flanging him on left and right were the two who alternated as Mayors of Mazarron in the previous coalition administration. Perhaps someone at Mazarron Town Hall (Ayuntamiento) can point you in the right direction. Link:
https://www.google.es/search?q=celestino+aguera&start=10&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&imgil=w9O1B-BgSk_d-M%253A%253BkMlXDzQMY-GRKM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.mazarron.es%25252Fes%25252Fcultura%25252Fnoticias%25252FCELESTINO-AGUeERA-EXPONE-EN-LAS-CASAS-CONSISTORIALES-HASTA-EL-14-DE-NOVIEMBRE%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=w9O1B-BgSk_d-M%253A%252CkMlXDzQMY-GRKM%252C_&usg=__D1nXZXXze4y8G3T0wal0UHeePv4%3D&ved=0CDQQyjc4CmoVChMIp9b86cbvyAIVhF0UCh296QhN&ei=hzE2Vuf2E4S7Ub3To-gE#imgrc=w9O1B-BgSk_d-M%3A&usg=__D1nXZXXze4y8G3T0wal0UHeePv4%3D

By the way, I did manage to buy one of his paintings from the exhibition - it's of a traditional windmill in the Valle de Ricote a bit north of Murcia city and is now in my Spanish home, where it looks very attractive :)

Bill said...

"Flanging" should of course have been "flanking" ;)

Bill said...

Here's a link for the google search for Mazarron Town Hall - the red building on the pic at the right is actually the new town hall, where the town is governed from, but close by is the old Casas Consistoriales, the old town hall, where the exhibition last year was staged and where the council meets in formal session because it has a quite impressive council chamber, which is where a lot of the pics appearing in the local press of council "doings" are usually taken:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ayuntamiento&oq=ayun&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.7279j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=ayuntamiento+de+mazarron

Twocandoo said...

Thanks so much for the speedy response and congrats on securing one of his pieces! I really love my painting, which is signed 'Aguera' and it would be great to track down the artist. For no other reason than to say thank you and find out where is depicted in the painting. Will report back if I have any luck!